Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm a new teacher!!

Well, I guess from the heading, you can see that I got the job at Richland Elementary as the Autism teacher! I am so excited and a little overwhelmed! The first day of school is August 10th and I have new teacher training, restraint training, medication training, etc. up until the day school starts. I also have to start getting my classroom ready and reading kids IEPs. I have bought some stuff to decorate, but I am going to keep it pretty simple. I don't want to send my kids into stimulation overload. Well, I will keep you updated and hopefully put up pictures of my classroom when I get it finished.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh...now you're a blogger!!! So excited for you and this exciting new adventure!!! See you tomorrow, we are going to be SO productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same shoes as you were several years ago-- I just got my first full-time teaching job as a special education teacher! I studied in Idaho but moved to Australia, where I am living and will begin teaching soon. I have started a blog with a similar title. You can find it at http://spednewbieinoz.blogspot.com.au/

    Feel free to stop by! I'm curious as to whether you are still working in special education or not, as this was begun several years ago. Take care!

    ReplyDelete